About the Food In Neighborhoods Community Coalition
The Food in Neighborhoods Community Coalition is a broad coalition of individuals and representatives of groups working to build a more equitable, healthy and sustainable food and farm system in and around Louisville. A commitment to the above goal and shared values of inclusiveness, anti-oppression, fairness and equity are the magnetic core of the coalition. Government employees in related departments will be invited to participate in the coalition in their role as public officials in service to the city.
FIN is committed to creating a space where all have a voice in shaping a just and resilient food system, with special emphasis on perspectives, expressed needs and solutions emerging from the neighborhoodsmost directly and negatively affected by the dominant food regime.
In 2017, FIN organized its work into three working groups. These include:
- Urban Agriculture Coalition (Meets monthly)
- Food Security
- Food Policy
The FIN Community Coalition meets quarterly to:
- Ensure that people are aware of current initiatives so they can plug in, support, learn from and avoid duplication
- Develop new or select existing initiatives and policies that the coalition determines will bring Louisville closer to the above goals
- Dialogue about ways to effectively support and coordinate around those initiatives
- Determine specific actions on which individuals and groups can collaborate
FIN membership currently includes Louisville citizens and volunteers and staff from:
FIN will be launching a new website in May 2018. Stay tuned!
About the Louisville Food Blog
Founded by a group of AmeriCorps VISTAs at the Presbyterian Hunger Program in 2012, The Louisville Food Blog was conceived as a way for non-profits, neighborhood associations, policy makers, and individuals city-wide to share with one another the ideas, events, resources, and concerns surrounding the Food Justice movement in Louisville, KY. For more information or to post something to The Louisville Food Blog, please send an email to: email@example.com.