Did you know that refugees are using their extensive agricultural skills to provide fresh, nutritious, locally-grown produce for their families and our community? RAPP’s purpose is to provide agricultural opportunities to refugees. Here in Louisville, that could be farming, community gardening, raising goats, or selling at farmers’ markets and to restaurants. There are many ways to get involved in this great project:
Come to a training session and share your agricultural knowledge or learn about ag practices from around the world!
Donate now! Follow this link, and be sure to specify RAPP:
Or, support growers by shopping or volunteering at these Farmers’ Markets:
• Growing Forward Farmers Market at St. Francis of Assisi Church, 1960 Bardstown Rd: Sunday mornings 9:30am-12:30 pm
• Americana Community Center, 4801 South Side Drive: Tuesday evenings: 5:30-8:30 pm
• Whole Foods Farmers Market 4944 Shelbyville Road: Wednesday evenings: 3-7pm
• St. Mathews Farmers Market at Beargrass Christian Church, every other Saturday morning: 8am-12pm
• The Flea off Market at the corner of Market and Shelby- Second Saturday of every month 10am-6pm
Don’t see anything you’re interested in? We are always looking for volunteers, land, donations, and partners –contact us, and we can get you plugged in!